Now Hiring Health/Fitness Coaches!
A “coach” is a client-centered, mindful partner, and guide. Coaches know what they are good at AND actively pursue to become better. They have strong communication skills and are wonderful listeners.
Coaches wear many hats throughout the day.
Teachers, as well as active learners.
Knowledgeable, but they’re more than a textbook and they dang sure aren’t “authorities”.
Outcome-based decision makers.
Motivational, in a compassionate and honest way.
Dancers that guide their partners at the appropriate pace.
Planners that keep a flexible mind.
Friends with strong support and relationship skills.
And they keep the focus on the positive but know when it is time for a crucial conversation.
Coaches are all these things and much more! They explore the potential, the resources, and the gifts inside each of their clients and help bring them to action.
More than anything, coaches understand the importance of “deep health” – the overall well-being of their clients and the balance between values, priorities, and behaviors.
Our coaches help clients achieve their health, wellness, or sports specific goals and have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients. They help to identify clients’ values and goals, collaborate with their clients to determine next-action-steps, and write personalized exercise programs for them.
Exercise plans must be explained clearly to the client so they understand what they're doing and why. Coaches also provide feedback on correct exercise technique.
To be prepared for client sessions means writing new programs and tracking progress
Gaining new qualifications, attending workshops and fitness events, and reading the latest research ensures our coaches keep up-to-date with health, fitness, and nutrition information.
Coaches need to uphold a healthy lifestyle themselves and practice what they preach. It's important that they're physically strong enough to spot clients and correctly perform any exercise they ask of their clients.
Our team members contribute to the overall success of WTSWI by embodying our mission and upholding our values.
Unless you’re bringing in an existing clientele, this position can take some time to build up enough clients to earn a full-time income.
Certified Personal Trainer
The following certifications have been deemed acceptable licenses for Certified Personal Trainers:
- Aerobics Fitness Association of America (AFAA)
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- American Council of Exercise (ACE)
- Applied Movement Neurology (AMN)
- The Cooper Institute (CI)
- International Fitness Professional Association (IFPA)
- International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- National Council of Strength and Fitness (NCSF)
- National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association (NESTA)
- National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA)
- National Federation of Professional Trainers (NFPT)
- National Personal Training Institute (NPTI)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- National Council for Certified Personal Trainers (NCCPT)
- National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA)
Must have current CPR/AED Certification
High school diploma; associate's or bachelor's degree in fitness-related field preferred
Previous experience preferred
** Please email resume to email@example.com